Church of the Saviour welcomes and values the dedication and service of our countless volunteers, without whom our ministries could not be sustained. Specifically, we thank the volunteers who unselfishly give of their time and talents to shepherd and love our children, and take to heart what Jesus said in Matthew 19:14: “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
Pennsylvania Child Protective Services laws mandate specific clearances for adults who are individually responsible for the welfare of a minor or have “direct volunteer contact with children” (care, supervision, guidance or control of children, and have regular and repeated interaction with children that is integral to a person’s volunteer responsibility).
Why are clearances necessary? It is the law and as followers of Christ we are called to obey it (Romans 13:1). It also deters potential predators from access to our children, while protecting our children, volunteers and Church of the Saviour.
How often must I renew my clearances? Currently, the law requires that all clearances be no older than 60 months.
For assistance with any forms or answers to questions, please contact the Human Resources Department:
- James Mazzone | Business Director | 610.688.6338 ext.233
- Cindy Casey | Finance Manager/Notary* | 610.688.6338 ext.204
* for official Church of the Saviour business only
Please click here for detailed instructions on each of the below clearances.
Clearance Three: FBI Criminal History
(for those who have not been a PA resident for the last 10 consecutive years)
Registration must be completed online. For registration assistance, contact HR. You must have registration form and government-issued ID to be fingerprinted; see website for locations.
If you have been a PA resident for 10 consecutive years, please follow the steps to complete the affidavit.
Church of the Saviour Forms
- Affidavit signed in the presence of notary (must be PA resident for last 10 consecutive years and bring photo ID)
- Child Safety Policy
- Reimbursement Form
Ways to Submit Clearances and Forms to Church of the Saviour
- Mail: 651 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne, PA 19087, Attn: HR Department
- Fax: 610.964.7893 (please include cover page with "Attn: HR Department")
- Scan & email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Bring to the church office in Building B, Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Church lobby: Place in the locked offering collection box in Building A (in sealed envelope marked "HR Department")
Notarize Affidavit and Collect Completed Clearances
Office hours (specifically for notarization of Affidavit):
- Tuesday – Friday 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. by appointment with Cindy Casey.